I swear some of you are offended by people just breathing the same air as you and I’ve no clue how you can even manage to survive in the real world.
Cherokee Woman…..Black Pride!
True Fact…….Many freed and escaped slaves went west where there was true freedom and were adopted by tribes taking Native American wives and husbands.
this looks like a young Meghan Goode
There are plenty of Do and Don’t guides for the gym, but I haven’t seen one for group fitness classes, so here is a list of what to do an avoid based on my experience in classes
- DO: Arrive on time. This is super important- you don’t want to disrespect your teacher or the other people in the class.
- DO: Bring a water bottle. You’ll be wanting it by a few minutes in!
- DO: Follow the dress code. Some classes allow sports bras, some require t-shirts.
- DONT set up your ‘station’ super close behind someone else. The general rule is to leave enough space to do a lunge between you and the person in front/behind you
- DO stagger your station so you can easily see yourself in the front mirror. If it’s a weight training class, you may want to be able to see yourself in the side murror
- DONT EVER EVER EVER answer your phone in the middle of class. EVER. Actually just turn it off. But seriously, this is the most disrespectful thing you could do.
- DONT just stand around in the back of class without participating. If you need a five second rest, that’s okay. More than that, you should leave the room.
- DO ask for modifications of moves if you need or want them. Your safety is the most important to any teacher.
- DO disinfect any ‘toys’ you used after class.
- DO put everything back as it was before class.
- DO bring clean tennis shoes to wear during class. There are a few reasons for this: 1) If you do ab stuff with your feet over your head, you don’t want dirt and rocks on your face 2) Teachers are often solely responsible for keeping the room clean and organized, and typically have less than fifteen minutes between classes. 3) If you are in a cardio class, dirt on the floor can be slippery and a safety hazard.
- DONT talk to your friends in the middle of class. Before and after are great times to get to know your classmates, but not during.
- DO: HAVE FUN! There are tons of different styles of classes to try, so find one that works for you!
Please feel free to add anything I may have missed!
"The worst thing in the world can happen, but the next day the sun will come up. And you will eat your toast. And you will drink your tea."